ClickHouse 1.1.54245 release
Jul 20, 2017
So let's see what's new in this release.
- Distributed DDLs (see CREATE TABLE ON CLUSTER )
- New table engine Dictionary that allows to access dictionaries as tables (the opposite was possible before using 'clickhouse' dictionary data source).
- New database engine Dictionary -- it maps all available dictionaries as tables. Very convenient. There is a bug that it does not support filters and limit, but it will be addressed in the next release
- New dictionary invalidation strategy using 'invalidate_query' -- that specifies SQL query that can be used inside dictionary 'source' section, and if value changes -- dictionary is refreshed
- Qualified column names and double quoted identifiers -- small step towards the SQL standard!
- Sessions in HTTP API
- Improved OPTIMIZE -- can be now run not just at the leader node
- Fixed stalled inserts into Distributed table if connection to one of nodes is bad
- Fixed GLOBAL IN with Merge over the Distributed table
- Fixed cache problems with 'executable' dictionaries ('executable' is a dictionary source option that runs an external script to get the dictionary data)
- Fixed comparions of Strings with some special symbols
- Fixed Float32 PK comparison with constants
- Fixed memory over allocation in some cases
- Fixed a crash when Nullable column is added to the table and queried
- Fixed a crash when Nullable column is sorted and the result set size is less then query LIMIT
- Fixed ORDER BY in subselect constructed from constants only
- Fixed a case when Replicated table could be broken after unsuccessful DROP TABLE
- Fixed column aliasing for empty subselects
- Fixed a bug with compiled queries failing in some cases
We have used the new release in our dev environment and did not face any problems, except few issues with JDBC driver:
- Some old versions of JDBC driver are not compatible with the new release. So you need to use the latest one.
- Yandex added some strange timezone conversion that may result in incorrect results for Date columns, if client timezone left to UTC. It will be removed in the next release.
Receive news and updates about ClickHouse technology